Tuesday 17 January 2012

Review:Chanel Soleil Tan de Chanel Bronze Universel

This is definitely my all time favourite bronzer ever. I wanted to do this review for a while, but I knew that it was sold out pretty much everywhere in UK since Summer. However Chanel Soleil Tan de Chanel Bronze Universel is back in stock in UK(links below).

Overview
I bought this bronzer back in summer and used it pretty much every day since when I got it and you can hardly see that it was used, you really need a smallest amount of this. It has a bit of an orange tint to it, but it doesn't come out orange at all, no matter how pale you are, and let me tell you, I'm really pale. When I got it back in summer I had a bit of a tan and I ended up using it as a foundation, because I didn't faked tan my face , so I needed something that will look like a tan, and not like a foundation. Chanel Soleil Tan de Chanel Bronze Universel is just perfect for that. If you looking for a bronzer that you will use strictly for contouring then go and look for something else because as I mentioned it has a orange tint to it. However its just amazing for giving yourself a nice healthy bronzed look.

Packaging

As with any Chanel product, you get a very nice expensive looking packaging. Its not too heavy, not too light made out of plastic that actually looks like frosted glass. It will look lovely on any vanity/dressing table.



Consistency

Chanel Soleil Tan de Chanel Bronze Universel is neither a powder or cream, its a mousse, but a very firm mousse. Its very blendable and easy to work with, also it doesn't set too quickly. I notice that it picks up hair and dust like crazy so you have to make sure you screw the lid on really tight.



Application

Here my three favourite brushes that I use for applying Chanel Soleil Tan de Chanel Bronze Universel.

Ecotools Blush Brush
                                               
This has to be favourite brush to use with Chanel Soleil Tan de Chanel Bronze Universel. I usually use this brush when I want to apply it to certain areas on my face,like the hollow of the checks, temples and chin. Its made out of synthetic hair and its really soft, also it allows you build up the bronzer.



ELF Studio Powder Brush


Even that this brush is meant to be used for powder I still use it for Bronze Universel. I usually use it when I want to apply Bronze Universel all over my face, for example when I fake tan my body, but I don't fake tan my face. Also I sometimes use it just on the outer parts of my face with a light hand just to give my face a bit colour and warmth.



ELF Studio Kabuki Face Brush

I usually use this brush when I want to apply Chanel Soleil Tan de Chanel Bronze Universel  all over my face, but I want a very light application because this brush its not as dense as the ELF Studio Powder Brush.

Below are few tutorials showing ways how this can be applied in different ways.

All over application


Contouring

Colour payoff/Swatches

This is a very buildable product, you can apply a very light barely visible layer, or you can build it up very dark, but it still would look very natural, the darkest I have gone with this bronzer would probably be close to NW25.

Light application
Heavier application

As you can see, you can apply this very light or very heavy. Even that it might appear a bit orange in the photos below, it doesn't look orange at all on my face.

Price

In UK Chanel Soleil Tan de Chanel Bronze Universel retails for £29.00. It seam like a lot, however you get 30 grams, so you pay about £10 for 10 grams, if you would buy a MAC bronzer, you would pay about the double for a same amount. I think Chanel Soleil Tan de Chanel Bronze Universel is totally worth every penny.

UK stockists.

Boots http://bit.ly/zHWVwm
Debenhams http://bit.ly/xVKXzZ
House of Fraser (Not available on the website)
John Lewis (Not available on the website)
Selfridges (Not available on the website)

I couldn't find any international stockists as it seams like its sold out every where, but if you have a Sephora, Douglas or any department store that sells Chanel in your country, then just most likely they will be stocking Chanel Soleil Tan de Chanel Bronze Universel.

2 comments:

  1. I love this bronzer too...i apply it all over my face and really buff it in with a real techniques stippling brush....and it does a great job of evening out my skin tine..even my pigmentation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do exactly the same thing haha, I wish Chanel would make foundation just like soleil tan de chanel. I also found that if you stipple this bronzer with a damp sponge it gives the most airbrushed finish ever, just looks amazing.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...