Tuesday 5 June 2012

Review: Tara Smith Straight Away - WORST Hair Products Ever!!!


Image Source: splodzblogz.co.uk





I usually don't hate many makeup/skincare/body/hair care products, if they don't work me I usually just toss them away and get on with my life. But not with this one, oh no. Ok let's start from the beginning, about two months ago I was in my local 99p store and saw the Tara Smith Straight Away Shampoo and Conditioner, did a quick search on my iPhone just to make sure that its a legit(is that a right word?) brand. I admit, I wasn't looking for a new hair care products, but I couldn't resist a bargain, they normally retail about £6-9 each. So after a quick read of few positive reviews and discovering that Tara Smith is a international hairdresser and all that blah blah I decided to investigate this duo in more details...well I read the ingredients and notice that there isn't even a trace of SLS or Silicones in them. When I bought this duo my hair were extremely oily because for some reason I thought it would be a good idea to use Aussie 3 Minute Miracle everyday for two months, it wasn't. So anyway, after the first use I notice that my hair were really smooth. I was using this duo for about 3 weeks when I noticed that my hair started to be really dry and unmanageable so I thought its time for a trim, but that didn't help. Few days later I bleached my hair, which meant I had to change my haircare routine, I started using shampoo and conditioner for blonde hair with purple pigments. I continued using them for about two weeks, but I notice my hair were way too silvery/grey so I switched back to the Tara Smith Shampoo and Conditioner and it started all over again, my hair were dry, dull and unmanageable. I thought its time to give up on it and I switched to different hair care brand and with it just few days my hair were back to normal. So in the end I figured out that it was the Tara Smith Straight Away Shampoo and Conditioner that caused my hair to be dry and unnamable. I think it was due to the fact that the shampoo was too stripping and the conditioner wasn't conditioning enough. Also another thing I really dislike about the duo was the smell, it smelled like a cheap citrusy air fresher mixed with ginger. I’m not gonna talk about the packaging or the brand overall just because I think its pointless. So in summary...I suggest you stay away from the Tara Smith Straight Away as far as away as you can even if you find it at your local poundshop at great price. It's not worth even a penny, total waste of money.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...