Thursday 15 December 2011

Review: The Body Shop Skin Primer - Matte It




Today I want to share with you my honest opinion on The Body Shop Skin Primer. I bought this primer last year in October or November, can't remember now, the reason that I bought it was that I ran out of my MAC Prep+Prime primer and I was in The Body Shop to get few skincare products. Before that I never tried any of their make up product( and probably never will again) but as I was in a hurry I picked up this face primer for £10 (currently it retails for £11) which I thought was a really good price for a primer. So when I got home I decided to try some of it on the back of my hand and it was ok, it was very smooth and silky. So the next morning when I was getting ready I applied it before my foundation and then I started applying my foundation which was just a nightmare since the primer didn't set at all and my foundation was just sliding all over my face, however somehow I managed it to look ok by using a ridiculous amount of setting powder. After about 3-4 hours I looked in a mirror and my foundation and primer were long gone and I was left with a shiny and patchy looking face. As soon as I got home I washed my face and this time applied my foundation without using the primer and it looked perfect. So the next morning I thought I give it one more chance, so this time I applied it with a brush instead of my fingers and I let the primer set for about 5 mins. This time I didn't had any problems with applying my foundation, however as soon as I finished my make up and I touched my face to feel how smooth it is all of my make up just slipped of my face. Since then I didnt used this primer anymore and after few months of laying around in ended up in a bin. The only good thing about this primer is that it comes in a squeeze tube.

Overall I dont recomend this product at all, I think its totally crap and not worth even a penny, stay away from it.

xoxo :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...