Saturday 4 February 2012

Cold Weather Skin Care

It has been absolutely freezing in London for past few days. I always had a oily/combination skin, but since for about three months now my skin more normal/dry. However since its got freezing in London my skin is definitely dry. Below is a list of my skin care products that I use everyday.



Because its really cold outside, I try to avoid cleansing my face with water in the morning so I instead I use a micellar cleanser. I either use La Roche-Posay Physiological Micellar Solution or Kiko Cleansing Water. Both of them are equally good.

La Roche-Posay Physiological Micellar Solution £11.50 from Boots
Kiko Cleansing Water Micellar Lotion £6.90 from Kiko


After cleansing my face with the micellar cleanser I slather on a good thick layer of Oilatum Cream, which is just an amazing moisturiser. I discovered this products thanks to Pixiwoo sisters. I allow it to absorb for about 2-3mins and then I apply my foundation. Also when my eyes feel bit puffy I use the Tri-Pentox Age Defying Serum. And since I have a dry skin, I skip primer, so for me Oilatum Cream is a moisturiser and primer in one.
Oilatum Cream £4-6 from Boots, Superdrug and various pharmacies
Tri-Pentox Age Defying Eye Serum £42.95 Currently only available from eBay

 
I think that we all need sunscreen in winter as much as we need it in the summer. And since it has been really sunny in London for past few day I haven't left the house without SPF.



Vichy Capital Soleil 50+ Hydra Cream It looks like it has been discontinued or its not available in UK
La Roche-Posay 50+ Anhelios XL £16.50 from Boots




Sometimes after I do my make up my skin still feels bit dry then I spray it with Lush Breath of Fresh Air toner. I absolutely love this toner.


Lush Breath of Fresh Air skin toner  £3.57/100gram or £7/250gram from Lush



Usually in the evening I want to take my make up off as quick as possible. Kiko Pure Cleaning Gel Foaming Cleanser its great for taking make up off and cleansing the skin. It doesn't dry out the skin and its very gentle. Also every few day after I take my make up off I pour some of the cleanser on face cloth and exfoliate the face.


Kiko Cleansing Pure Gel Foaming Cleanser £6.90 from Kiko


And this is it, I keep my skin care very simple and to the minimum. Also I think that you don't have to spend lots of money to have a lovely looking skin.

xoxo :-)






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...